It’s surely disappointing to experience some equipment issues when are you amidst some critical work on the PC. The article beneath gives you some convenient PC equipment investigating tips and devices.
The computer hardware includes devices, such as the mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer, scanner, etc. All are machines and are bound to face technical issues at some point or the other. However, you can perform some basic computer troubleshooting tips to make them functional. If they don’t seem to work with the troubleshooting tools, you need to send them for hardware repair. The paragraphs below offer some quick tips for the various hardware devices.
- If the monitor is not working, the first thing you need to do is to ensure that it has been turned on by pressing the on/off button.
- Next, check if the cable, which connects the computer monitor and the CPU is connected properly. If not, connect it in a proper manner, or remove and plug it in again.
- Also, make sure that the cord, which is used to power the monitor is plugged in the UPS the right way.
- If these tactics do not work, you need to check both the cables on a different monitor, which is in a working condition.
- If the other monitor doesn’t work with any one of the cords, that cable needs to be replaced. If the other monitor works with both cords, there is possibly a problem in your monitor.
- You may also restart your computer and then check whether the monitor is working or not.
- If none of these tips work out, you may have to consult a professional technician.
- The keyboard is an important part of the computer, without which you cannot perform several tasks. It should be kept away from dust and dirt to ensure proper functioning.
- If it doesn’t work, you first need to check its connection with the CPU. If the connection is fine and it still does not work, simply try to connect it to another PS/2 socket or USB port (in case of a USB keyboard).
- In case of wireless keyboards, special drivers are needed to be installed in the computer for proper functioning. Ensure that such drivers are installed.
- Also, make a point to check whether the drivers are updated. Hold the keyboard in an inverted manner and remove the dust or debris, which is hampering the proper working of a key or a set of keys. You can also remove dust with the help of a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor.
- If the cursor on the screen is not moving in a smooth manner, you need to check for dust or any residue on the trackball rollers, which enable the computer to accurately identify the movement of the mouse.
- Remove the rear mouse cover, which will let the ball come out, clean the trackball if needed, remove the dust or residue, put the ball in again, and finally put the cover back. Check whether this works.
- If the cursor doesn’t move at all, check whether the mouse is correctly connected to the CPU.
- If it’s a USB mouse, try to use a different USB port.
- There could also be the potential threat of a virus if the mouse pointer doesn’t work in an acceptable manner. If so, run an updated anti-virus software and delete the virus as soon as possible.
- Check if the mouse drivers are corrupted, if yes, reinstall them.
- If the printer doesn’t work, there is a possibility of a paper jam, which normally occurs if the papers are not placed in the tray in a right manner.
- In case of bigger printers, you may need to open various printer parts to get to the place where there is a paper jam. This exclusively has to be done by a professional printer technician.
- Don’t use tools to remove the paper jam, as some components may get damaged during the process.
- If the printer doesn’t turn on, the power cord may be loose, and needs to be plugged in properly. The cord which connects the printer to the computer also needs to be checked.
These are some of the very common computer hardware troubleshooting steps, which can be followed before taking the PC to a professional hardware repair shop.